Lebanese cooking is so resourceful. Lebanese cooking embraces the seasons with joy and have been using what is available for 1000’s of years. This recipe is simple and delicious, and great during this time of season.
100 ml olive oil.
2 large onions cut in half & sliced.
6 cloves of garlic peeled.
800g aubergines, cut in half and sliced 2cm thick.
3 red/green chillies
500g potatoes cut in quarters.
sprinkle of salt
- Heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic cloves until golden brown.
- Add the aubergine slices and stir-fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chillies, if using and stir fry for a minute or two.
- Add tomotoes and salt. Turn heat on low, cover the pan and allow aubergines to simmer in their own juices for 20 minutes, make sure the liquid has evaporated. Allow to cool before serving.
- Serve it cold or room temperature with pitta bread.
- Add hummus if available.